Sunday, August 31, 2008

Last Call Live

On the very last night of the tour, in Toronto, Kevin lost his voice. Kevin is my favorite Kid in the Hall, and a lot of that has to do with the voice. He sounds exactly like party horn to me in my favorite sketch, so to hear his voice like this is kinda scary.

This sketch is near the beginning of the show, and he already sounded this bad. Later in the show Kevin comes out and sings a song by himself, but (from what I heard) on the last show Dave came out and sang it because there was no way for Kevin to do it.

A cute little note: When my friends and I saw them in Nashville Dave came out and sat down upstairs during Kevin's song. He just creeped out onto the balcony and sat down near some fans.

BUT anyway, this is an amazing clip. My favorite moment is when Kevin realizes how much he's getting to Dave so he keeps saying, "Is that what you are?" and Dave replies with, "You're scaring the shit outta me!"

Those two have been doing comedy together for over 25 years I believe... and they can read each other so well.

One last thing about live shows... the best part is when Kevin cracks up. They always get him. Someone will make him break character before the show is done... and it's always amazing.

Ok, enough already, THE CLIP!

Last Call Live

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was there that night! Kev DID sound pretty bad, but I gott a give him credit for still going out there and doing his thing despite the fact that he lost his voice.

OneCheekyHobbit said...

That's really cool that you were there!

So did Dave do a good job on the song? I can't believe Kevin got through it all. I hope he got lots of love and applause!

Anonymous said...

He was pretty good. I thought the whole thing was bizarre and I actually didn't realize that the song was part of the show until I saw a clip on youtube from another show :P I think the one thing I remember from that bit is Kevin calling the people at Massey Hall "Bastard fucking pricks" for cutting stuff out of the show, hence the reason for the song :P

OneCheekyHobbit said...

They cut stuff out??? That's crazy! Was it for time or censorship?

Anonymous said...

No no that was part of the show. In the few clips I've seen of that bit on youtube, the joke is that they had to cut stuff from the show so Kevin comes out and says they wanted him to sing a song so he learned how to play the guitar. Or something to that effect.

OneCheekyHobbit said...

Ahhhh, he said they didn't have enough time so he came out at our show. That's funny.
K